Sunday 1 September 2019

Stepping into September


I woke with the sun and a wet nose pointed in my direction, eagerly awaiting any movement from the body that was me in the bed above her. I was researching escapes and goals the other day and came across quite an inspiring challenge. It may be early for me, but a girl can dream. Besides, a new month of challenges lay ahead and the first morning of daily early 10kms wasn’t as difficult as I’d expected. It is not much when you think of it, but the hour at which I have to rise and be ready to run will provide its own challenge. I don’t think I’ll be able to fit in anything longer given my 14hr work days, but perhaps my mentor will help me work on some longer runs for weekends and holidays. As the days get shorter, I’ll also miss the morning light, but at least we will have fewer chance encounters with the black and white Pepes that have invaded the island over the summer months. These cute little thieves have stolen all my zucchinis I was so looking forward to, but at least they left me my tomatoes... I guess raw green tomatoes are only a treat for me to prepare a new batch of Salsa Verde! Happy September ðŸŽ¤

Popular Posts