Friday 16 August 2019

Friday, I'm in love...


A Calico is pretty
sweet,
I’ve had the pleasure of looking after these two for the past week and the energy and playfulness of kittens has renewed my smile. It's also brought me back into the moment instead of looking too far ahead. 
but my heart will always
belong to a ginger...

I've been focussing on my "human" stories the past couple of years and I am at a point that I really like where I have come to with these narratives. They have all been really well received with readers wanting more from some of the short stories. Although I am tempted to expand some of my shorts that's a whole other daunting project for now. 

After my accident, I had put away the Beautiful Creatures series as it was too overwhelming to work through all the connections that I wanted to address with the novels. It's a tremendous amount of research to embark on, specifically because I am also trying to do my best, as a human, to describe the umwelten of the various species in the books. However, over the summer as I have been tying up other projects I am feeling the pull to return to Beautiful Creatures. It was the first step in my adulthood in igniting my creative writing and I think that once I get a few of the human piece "perfectly" polished I'll be returning to my beastly roots. 

It’s hard to believe that I am sneaking up upon my final week of “freedom” but I have to say I am excited for the long hours to come. Even if I have already started researching travel dreams; the next few months will be a welcome marathon and I am ready for the challenge. 

So, on that note, while I have the time I will dive back into my edits on my manuscripts…  



Popular Posts