Wednesday 31 July 2019

Some Like it Hot

When I was gifted of a flat of peaches, I couldn’t help but sing the nostalgic tune... Oh, how I love peaches!

I’ve always loved to let my imagination go wild whilst cooking so I almost never work from a recipe. When a friend of mine asked for the secrets to the delicious image of my soup I’d shared that day, I quickly jotted down what I could remember. 


I had spent the morning in the kitchen making chutneys, salsas, and this happy accident soup. So, I am glad that I wrote the gist of it down so I could enjoy this wonderful summer soup (hot or cold) once again. I think it is even better the second time! But, my picture was better the first time ;)

So, while I take a little break from writing. I’ll pass along the “recipe” the best I can...



Two large onions sautéed until clear. Four cloves of garlic, six large peaches (I kept the skins on). Throw them all in a pan to simmer for about ten minutes. While simmering, add in a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg, two tablespoons of brown sugar, about a tablespoon of dried ginger, curry powder and turmeric and a splash of cider vinegar. 

I almost forgot the chilli pepper; add that to your liking. Let it all cool and then give it a whirl in the blender until it’s smooth. I was freezing some of it so I didn’t add any coconut milk as I might most times. But honestly, I don’t think it needs it as a summer soup, perhaps I’ll make it richer in the fall. 


Then, if you want the delight of a stunning image, find yourself an earthy bowl, a secondary and tertiary coloured flower, and complementary colour for the background. 

Et, voilà! 

Popular Posts