Monday 7 October 2019

Muse

I was in charge of this month’s prompt and chose the image to the right combined with an individualized mathematical treasure hunt to find the sentence that would start or end the story we would each write (we each have different favourite books). 


My sentence came from Kafka’s La Métamorphose. “Nous avons fait tout ce qui était humainement possible pour le soigner est le supporter; je crois que personne ne pourra nous adresser le moindre reproche.” 


I had two competing ideas, and I’ve been trying my best to weave together the strands I followed. It’s not my regular writing genre, but I like to challenge myself with going out of my comfort zones. It used to scare me to write “people” stories, then “dialogue” and now I’m trying my hand at a suspense thriller. 

When an IRL character from one of my stories dear to me asked to read some of my work yesterday, I thought this may be the story for them. If for no other reason than that some snippets I’ve written are in their native tongue. 

I’ve been so enthralled with the research for this story, I think it may end up being a little more of an involved project. But, I will try to get a short story draft ready by the end of the week. So back to my story, while Mino tears apart bull kelp on the beach, I’ll let my thumbs take me back to my typing.


Popular Posts